This blog is the continuing dialog between two faces of rilla (most of the time!) Rant and rave with us. Leave a comment. Click on the 'nickname' button if you don't have a Google ID already.
NOTE: All my photos and posts are copyrighted and may not be used by anyone, elsewhere without my permission.

My Pic Of The Day

My Pic Of The Day
San Francisco Cable Car

Sunday, April 29, 2007

2 -- I Read it in the News

NOTE: This blog is a continuing dialog between the two faces of rilla. The identity crisis is explained (if such a thing is possible) in the first edition. Click here to read: 1 -- Introduction


Rilla: Just finished a book.
rilla: Fantasy?
Rilla: No.
rilla: Oh, I only read fantasy …and the news.
Rilla: They take all the women and make them into slaves on religious grounds.
rilla: You mean Afghanistan.
Rilla: No, no, it’s in this country.
rilla: Utah? Where all the women and children are the property of one man?
Rilla: NO! It’s FICTION! It’s UNREAL!
rilla: So, is the news.
Rilla: If you’re considered a scarlet woman, you become a slave or are publicly shot.
rilla: If you’re labeled an enemy combatant, you are put into jail and tortured.
Rilla: That’s only for foreign terrorists.
rilla: Citizens too.
Rilla: Didn’t take much to become a scarlet woman. You only had to be divorced.
rilla: Scarlet?
Rilla: In the book…
rilla: Doesn’t take much to be labeled an enemy combatant.
Rilla: Huh?
rilla: The news. All you have to do is donate to a charity that may have possibly donated money without your knowledge to some sort of militant group somewhere.
Rilla: Maybe I should stop giving to charity.
rilla: I donate all my money to the mortgage bank.
Rilla: You think they’re funding some sort of militant group?
rilla: Yeah…the army.
Rilla: But we all fund that…
rilla: Then I guess everyone’s guilty.
Rilla: Couldn’t sleep last night.
rilla: Me neither.
Rilla: You should stop reading the news… like me…
rilla: Won’t keep them from locking you up.
Rilla: I’ll run away.
rilla: Where to?
Rilla: Leave the country.
rilla: What about the house you just bought? Your American Dream?
Rilla: You had to have a house.
rilla: You had to have the automatic garage door opener.
Rilla: You needed the yard.
rilla: You insisted on the pool...
Rilla: I guess I’ll have to stay.
rilla: And take your chances of being put away forever as an enemy combatant?
Rilla: But I’m not.
rilla: You are if they say you are.
Rilla: They’ll have to produce the evidence first.
rilla: No they don’t. You won’t have the right to a trial.
Rilla: But, that’s called faci…
rilla: Shh…
Rilla: Hist… what…is…it?
rilla: Someone’s… coming…
Rilla: The FBI?
rilla: I’m not sticking around to find out.
Rilla: What should I do?
rilla: Hide.
Rilla: Where?
rilla: In the pool.

Written in November 2006 after a law legalizing torture was passed. Links to articles on the controversial legislation: News Article, More Information


Post a Comment
Next post
Previous Post
Back to TOP

No comments: